Sunday, October 26, 2008

A New Ward

For several years there has been a sense that our ward would likely be divided. But having survived one set of ward divisions with only a name change and then the stake division, we seem to keep dodging bullets. Until today...

The lines were as expected: with Beautiful view becoming its own ward and Verdant Hills keeping the central areas and students.

We are losing a lot of good friends during the division and will especially miss the vitality that comes from having the singles in the ward. Plus most of the scientist ended up in the other half. The upside is that the ward had become far too big to know everybody and our nursery was already in three classrooms and was looking to expand to a forth. Not sure if we will be much smaller, but at least a little.

For those of you interested... The old bishop of Verdant Hills became the new bishop of Beautiful View, the old bishop of the Andrew Jackson ward (Sonic Triathlete) became the new bishop of the Verdant Hills ward, and Lift the Earth became the bishop of the Andrew Jackson ward. BVB, the cycling Chinese expert, became the second counselor in the Verdant Hills ward and Music Man Adams became the second counselor in the Beautiful View ward.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Brandon just asked me to check the blogs to see if anyone posted what happened at church today. I guess the speculation of so many years finally came to be. I can imagine the ward will change a lot without so many students. But it will probably be nice to have a bit more stability. Now we will have to figure out which ward to visit when we come next time. However, I think most everyone that is left is in Belle View, except the Budges.

vfg said...

Too well disguised, SD: made NO SENSE at all until Natalie was less obscure...guess we'll have to call :).

sjnagel said...

I hope I don't offend anyone but...

Are you joking about those ward names?

sj

sd said...

I am clearly being too cryptic for the sake of disguising their true identity. The names are exactly what you would expect...not that I ever really liked the name change from WNW anyway. But I like our new ward name!