Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm Just A Bill

The new visitor's entrance to the US capitol.  Much nicer than the old tent they used to use.  The underground entrance was apparently the old metro station, no longer in use since 9/11.  They have moved many of the statues previously in the old House of Representatives chamber (Statuary Hall).  Also not so many guys standing around with M-16s like last time I visited in 2007.



Washington's Accession, the Inner Dome of the Capitol Building.
Some rather famous painting hang in the Rotunda.  You know you've made history if your image makes it here.  Almost as a high an honor is if you are allowed to lay in state here.




Only Mississippi would be so silly as to chose Jefferson Davis as one of their two allowed statues for the capitol.  The old House of Representative chamber is now called statuary hall.  But many of the statues have now been moved to the visitors center.

We took the secret tunnel from the Capitol to Congress's library...
...but couldn't get a library card to check out the Gutenberg Bible.

And I still don't understand the filing system...

No comments: