AM's kidney biopsy procedure went well.
She has no excess bleeding and very minimal pain. They were able to get three good samples in only four punches. After being forced to lie very still on her back with a rolled sheet pressing on the biopsy site for about eight hours, she was able to get up to use the toilet and sit up normally.
Now she will just have to be a couch potato (her nephrologist specific orders) for two weeks.
Update: The initial analysis suggests that there is no ongoing autoimmune response or inflammation. According to the pathologist, about 3 of 10-11 glomeruli visible in the biopsies were scarred, but that simply indicates old damage, not new damage.
They are going to run some electron microscopy to get more information hopefully.
5 comments:
I am glad to hear that things went well. We wish AM a quick recovery!
I also thought your descriptions of your Christmas Eve re-enactments were hilarious- we're sorry we missed it!
Thanks for the update. AM -- Take it easy. Good luck with everything.
I can't believe it took us this long to find your blog! We are sorry to hear about AM's troubles, but we are grateful that she is doing well after the biopsy. It looks like your kiddos had a great Christmas, as did we! We miss you like crazy! (P.S. - Life post-Vanderbilt is wonderful...we miss our friends but not the stress!)
Hi you guys! I can't believe it took me this long to find your blog. I am sorry to hear about AM's medical problems, but I am glad that she is recovering nicely from the biopsy. We miss you guys like crazy! We are doing well up here; both of us have jobs we absolutely adore. I loved the Christmas pictures. I hope you all had a great holiday! Take care!
Whew! Glad all went well with the biopsy. Take it easy and let SD cater to your every need and whim. Live it up while you can AM!
Post a Comment