My sister RS got cheap tickets to the Pacers game on Friday, so JP and I, as well as my brother-in-law, went to the Pacers-Bobcat game. On our way into the field house, we also saw Indy's Lighting of the Circle, their big Christmas lighting ceremony.
It was JP's first NBA game. I realized how little I have paid attention to the NBA since leaving Jazz land when I didn't recognize a single player on either team.
It was an exciting game, with the Pacers falling way behind early, catching up in third quarter, then missing the final shot with the scored tied 99-99 in regulation to go into overtime. The Pacers missed about 15 layups in the 4th quarter and overtime and lost the game in the end.
One of the most exciting incidents during the game wasn't the game itself, but the t-shirt cannon. You can imagine that cheap NBA tickets are way up in the rafters and during one of the time-outs the mascot for the Pacers (which I swear is a blue mouse) was walking around on the court with a t-shirt cannon. The guy in the seat directly in front of me was standing up and waving for a shirt, the only person in the whole area doing so. I told JP the guy was crazy as there was no way the mouse could shoot it all the way up to where we were. Apparently the blue mouse noticed this loyal t-shirt lover and took careful aim and fired, the t-shirt flew in a direct line, just out of his reach of his fingertips, and unfortunately, also just out of mine, and into the arms of the man two seats back of me. The man in front turned around and said, "You know he was shooting that for me!" and I said "Yes, he was, I can't believe it got all the way up here!"
No comments:
Post a Comment